What is surge immunity test?
Lightning strike and switching operation of power distribution system will produce transient overvoltage, which will cause monopolar transient interference to electrical and electronic equipment. The ability of electrical and electronic equipment to withstand such electromagnetic interference without reducing the operating performance is called surge immunity. The surge immunity test is used to simulate the transient overvoltage interference wave generated by lightning strike and switch operation, and the influence of voltage change on power supply line and communication line caused by large switch switching in power supply line. It is used to conduct combined wave surge (impact) test on equipment under test (EUT), measure the surge immunity of EUT, and evaluate whether the anti electromagnetic interference ability of various equipment meets the requirements.
Purpose of surge immunity test:
The purpose of surge immunity test is to establish a common benchmark to evaluate the performance of electrical and electronic equipment under surge (impact).
Surge immunity test standard:
The national standard adopted for surge (impact) immunity test is: GB / t17626.5-2008 electromagnetic compatibility test and measurement technology surge (impact) immunity test, which is equivalent to the international standard: iec61000-4-5:2005.
Two difference of waveform generators are described in the standard:
One is a combined wave generator (voltage waveform: 1.2/50us, current waveform: 8 / 20us), which is applicable to power line ports and other signal line ports. The other is a combined wave generator complying with the requirements of the International Telecommunication Union Commission (voltage waveform: 10 / 700us, current waveform: 5 / 320us), which is suitable for long-distance symmetric communication ports.
Surge immunity test results:
1. The performance is normal within the limits specified by the manufacturer, the client or the purchaser;
2. The function or performance is temporarily lost or reduced, but it can recover after the disturbance stops, without the intervention of the operator;
3. The function or performance is temporarily lost or reduced, but it can be restored only after the intervention of the operator;
4. Unrecoverable function loss or performance degradation due to equipment hardware or software damage or data loss.
1. It is used to conduct combined wave surge immunity test for electrical and electronic equipment to evaluate the withstand capacity of electrical and electronic equipment to high-energy transient overvoltage.
2. It is used to measure the action (discharge) voltage of the switching type SPD and the limiting voltage (residual voltage) of the voltage limiting type SPD, and verify whether the voltage protection level up of the SPD is less than the impulse withstand voltage uchoc of the protected equipment.
3. It can be applied to the immunity test of electrical equipment such as low-voltage switchgear, electronic control equipment, electrical relay and multi-functional watt hour meter; Measurement of residual voltage and impact resistance test of various signal protectors for communication equipment.
LISUN lauched, the SG61000-5 fully automatic surge generator (also called lightning surge immunity test, combination wave generator, surge current generator/surge voltage generator, combined surge voltage and current generator) .
How does a surge generator work?
The SG61000-5 surge generator provides a common basis for evaluating the resistance of power cords and internal connectors of different equipment to high energy transient interference caused by natural lightning surge induction and large capacity load switching. It fully meets the IEC 61000-4-5, EN61000-4-5 and GB/T17626.5 standards.
Lisun Instruments Limited was found by LISUN GROUP in 2003. LISUN quality system has been strictly certified by ISO9001:2015. As a CIE Membership, LISUN products are designed based on CIE, IEC and other international or national standards. All products passed CE certificate and authenticated by the third party lab.
Our main products are Goniophotometer, Integrating Sphere, Spectroradiometer, Surge Generator, ESD Simulator Guns, EMI Receiver, EMC Test Equipment, Electrical Safety Tester, Environmental Chamber, Temperature Chamber, Climate Chamber, Thermal Chamber, Salt Spray Test, Dust Test Chamber, Waterproof Test, RoHS Test (EDXRF), Glow Wire Test and Needle Flame Test.SG61000-5