Due to the particularity of the Saudi market, every LISUN product has been designed an option to meet the SASO Saudi Arabian Standards Organization and 127V / 60Hz power supply. Since 2003, LISUN and SASO Saudi Arabian Standards Organization have cooperated closely through technical discussions and calibration transfer. In terms of lighting products, Saudi Arabia ’s latest standard SASO2902, LISUN released the full set of test instrument solutions at the first time, and released the interpretation and free download of this version standard: How to choose LISUN products for Saudi Arabia’s latest standard SASO2902?
The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) is a technical government body in Saudi Arabia was established in 1972 and governs tasks related to standards, metrology and quality. SASO is administrated by a board of directors headed by the Minister of Commerce and Investment and membership of sectors interested in standardization in the Kingdom.
The responsibilities of SASO is mainly focusing on designing and approving national standards for goods, products and services. Its tasks also include the Issuance of regulations that ensure the assessment procedures of goods, products, and services under approved standards. Promoting awareness regarding standards and quality, conducting studies and research are also involved with the responsibilities of SASO.
The responsibilities of the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization are determined according to the statute of SASO, which was issued by the Royal Decree No. M / 10 dated 3/3/1392 H, and according to the resolutions, issued by WTO which assigned some tasks to SASO.
1. Publish approved standards in the manner it deems appropriate. Said standards shall be valid upon ;publication in the Official Gazet
2. Issue regulations for conformity assessment procedures of commodities, products and services ;pursuant to approved standards.
3. Issue and implement regulations of licensing procedures of local and imported products that conform ;to adopted national standards and grant rights of use thereof.
4. Issue and implement regulations for procedures of granting registration certificates to QMSs ;environment and safety systems and other systems adopted by the Board.
5. Grant quality marks for products. However, quality marks for products under the jurisdiction of the ;Food and Drug General Authority shall be granted upon the Authority’s approval.
6. Promote awareness with regard to standards, quality, conformity assessment procedures, metrology ;and calibration.
7. Coordinate efforts pertaining to standards, quality, conformity assessment procedures, metrology and calibration in the Kingdom, as well as efforts relating to mutual recognition with counterparts in other countries.
8. Implement the National System of Metrology and Calibration in the Kingdom.
9. Ensure implementation of adopted Saudi standards and conformity assessment procedures, in ;coordination with relevant agencies.
10. Grant conformity certificates to local and export-oriented products.
11. Carry out accreditation works, including accreditation of laboratories and entities granting QMS certificates.
12. Establish a database for the Organization and exchange information with local, regional and ;international agencies .
13. Conduct research and studies, provide consulting services, and cooperate with companies ;organizations, universities, research centers and other similar entities.
14. Review laws and control regulations related to the Organization and propose amendments thereto in line with quality and safety requirements, and refer the same to competent authorities for review and ;issuance, in accordance with applicable procedures.
15. Act as an inquiry point with regard to WTO Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade.
16. Join regional and international organizations concerned with standards, metrology, calibration and .quality, and represent the Kingdom therein.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *