The TTC-1 Tracking Test Chamber which used for determining the degree of protection against formation of conducting paths in solid insulating materials, due to the electric stress and electrolytic contamination of the surface. This method simulates tracking currents on insulation material by providing drops between electrodes. During the process of normal use, insulating material may be exposed to moisture and dirt, and may cause stress and fire hazard if it is conductive. The picture is below:
The tracking test chamber is used in lighting equipment, low-voltage electrical appliances, household appliances, machine tool and electrical appliances, motors, power tools, electronic instruments, electrical device, and for the research, production and quality inspection departments of information technology equipment. It is also suitable for insulating materials and engineering plastics. , Electrical connection parts, auxiliary parts industry and other simulation simulation tests.
The tracking test chamber is to apply a certain voltage between platinum electrodes of a specified size (2mm×5mm) on the surface of a solid insulating material and drop a specified droplet volume of contaminated liquid (0.1 %NH4Cl), which is used to evaluate the resistance of the surface of the solid insulating material under the combined action of electric field and polluting media, and to determine its comparative tracking index (CTI) and tracking resistance index (PTI).
The electrodes should be cleaned before each test and the distance between the two electrodes should be checked. (Use the width calibration film to calibrate. The calibration film has been engraved with two scale lines, 30mm and 40mm respectively, which are used to calibrate the height of the drip needle from the sample. It has been calibrated before leaving the factory.)
1. Place the tested sample on the support plate, the surface of the sample being tested is uneven (the height adjustment rod is installed at the bottom of the support plate), and then the blades of the two electrodes are pressed firmly on the sample according to the specified force.
2. Check the distance between the two electrodes to ensure good contact between the electrode and the sample. If the edges of the two electrodes are corroded, they should be sharpened again. Adjust the voltage to an appropriate value that is divisible by 25, and adjust the resistance of the circuit to make the short-circuit current within a given deviation. Then make the electrolyte drop on the surface to be tested until the formation of electrical tracking and damage or until 50 drops of electrolyte drop.
3. If a current of 0.5A or more flows in a conductive channel between the two electrodes on the surface of the sample for at least 2s, then the overcurrent relay is activated; or the relay does not operate and the sample burns, it is considered that the sample has been damaged.
4. If multiple tests are performed on the same sample, it should be noted that there should be sufficient intervals between the test points so that the splashed dirt on the test points does not contaminate other test product surfaces.
5. Because the test may produce harmful or toxic gases, the “exhaust” button should be pressed before the test to remove these gases.
Lisun Instruments Limited was found by LISUN GROUP in 2003. LISUN quality system has been strictly certified by ISO9001:2015. As a CIE Membership, LISUN products are designed based on CIE, IEC and other international or national standards. All products passed CE certificate and authenticated by the third party lab.
Our main products are Goniophotometer, Surge Generator, EMC Test Systems, ESD Simulator, EMI Test Receiver, Electrical Safety Tester, Integrating Sphere, Temperature Chamber, Salt Spray Test, Environmental Test Chamber, LED Test Instruments, CFL Test Instruments, Spectroradiometer, Waterproof Test Equipment, Plug and Switch Testing, AC and DC Power Supply.TTC-1