The sand dust test chamber is an instrument that can accurately detect the sealing and anti wind sand performance of outdoor equipment, transportation, electronic communication and other industry product casings. It mainly simulates the damage caused by sandstorm and flying dust weather to various high sealing products such as locks, instruments, and vehicle accessories. Improve the product’s ability to resist sand and dust through this detection value.
In daily life, especially when facing strong wind and sand weather, accessories such as streetlights, car lights, electrical dust covers, steering systems, and door locks can be imagined as a strong test of their ability to resist wind and sand; When the product casing is blocked and opened during the strong resistance process, small sandstorms will seep into the gaps. If the bearings and joints of the product configuration fall into dust, it will affect its performance; When some sharp sand particles enter the cracks, they can also cause wear, block components, and cause damage or malfunction.
Therefore, only by conducting a series of outdoor climate tests on the product through a sand dust test chamber, can we avoid worrying about equipment issues when encountering harsh weather similar to sand and dust in daily life.
Five aspects of maintaining the sand dust test chamber:
1. The vibration machine configuration of the sand dust test chamber requires regular maintenance. If abnormal sounds are heard during operation, the machine needs to be shut down for inspection.
2. Keep the inside and outside of the chamber clean and tidy; Avoid external dust from entering.
3. After the equipment is tested, please turn off all power sources of the entire machine, remove the sample, and clean the equipment container.
4. If the sand dust test chamber is not used for a long time, please keep it powered on every half a month to keep the instrument in a powered state.
5. Pay attention to avoiding external forces hitting the chamber during daily use of the equipment; When moving the device, avoid falling, hitting, scraping, twisting, hitting, vibrating, or squeezing the device.
What are the test conditions for a sand dust test chamber?
Test dust for sand dust test chamber: mainly refers to the use of dry, non abrasive fine dust that can pass through a sieve with a mesh size of 75 μ m. Wire diameter of 50 μ M flat mesh screen. Talcum powder can be used in the experiment, and it can also meet the requirements. The number of times the test dust is used should not exceed 20.
Care should be taken to maintain dryness to maintain the fineness of dust. We need to dry it at 80 ℃ for 2 hours before use Dust concentration, and the amount of dust used in the experiment should be able to maintain a uniform settlement of 600 ± 200 on the reference surface of the box bottom.
The airflow inside the test chamber should mainly be vertical from top to bottom, rather than laminar flow. The speed of its airflow should be able to distribute the dust evenly in the test chamber.
The relative humidity inside the sand dust test chamber shall not be less than 15%. This can be achieved by increasing the humidity of the test chamber. The air pressure inside the sample can be divided into two types based on the operating conditions of the sample and the sample casing: Type 1: The air pressure inside the sample casing may differ from the external atmospheric pressure, for example, due to thermal cycling during operation.
The air pressure inside the casing of type 2 sample is exactly the same as the external air pressure. The relevant specifications should specify the type of sample casing and pressure drop. For the sample with a Type 1 shell, we should place it in the test chamber and install it in its normal use position. The sample should withstand the pressure drop cycle specified in the figure. According to the relevant specifications, the pressure drop should be 2kPa (20mbar) or 5kPa (50mbar).
Dust should be injected within each cycle. Compared to samples with Type 2 shells, we should place them in the test chamber and install them in their normal use positions. In this case, a vacuum pump cannot be used.
The six main conditions for installing a sand dust test chamber:
1. Avoid placing equipment in damp, direct sunlight, dusty environments, etc;
2. When installing the equipment, a space of 80 centimeters should be left around for easy disassembly during future maintenance.
3. To ensure the stability of the equipment, the temperature and humidity of the installation site should be maintained between 5 and 30 degrees Celsius, and the relative humidity should be less than 85%.
4. Avoid installing the test chamber on uneven ground to prevent tilting. If there is slight instability, it can be adjusted appropriately with cushion blocks.
5. The equipment installation site should be well ventilated, spacious, and easy to operate.
6. The sand and dust test chamber should be installed in a place with stable power supply voltage to avoid equipment abnormalities caused by insufficient voltage.
How to choose a sand dust test chamber?
1. The merchant unit determines the testing standards required for the test when purchasing the test chamber, and selects the specific functions of the sand and dust test chamber based on different standards.
2. Based on the volume of the test sample, refer to the required chamber volume for the test chamber. The standard requirement is that the cross-sectional area of the laboratory room space should be greater than twice the cross-sectional area of the test sample; The effective volume should be greater than 3.3 times the volume of the test sample.
3. Based on the specific performance requirements and standards required by the unit, reference should be made to the airtightness of the test chamber, instruments that can monitor and control sand and dust concentration, wind speed, temperature, and relative humidity, as well as other auxiliary devices.
SC-015 Dust-proof Test Chamber (Sand Dust Chamber) is applied to physical and other related performance tests for electronic and electrical products, lamps, electrical cabinets, electrical components, automobiles, motorcycles and their parts and other products under simulated dust climate conditions. After the measurement, it is judged whether the performance of the product meets the requirements through verification, so as to facilitate the design, improvement, verification and factory inspection of the product. Comply meets IEC60529:1989 +A1:1999 +A2: 2013 <Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP Code)>,IEC60598-1, GB2423.37-89 (Test L: dust test methods), GB4208, GB/T 4942.2-93(protective casing grade of low-voltage apparatus), GB7000.1 <Luminaires Part 1: General Requirements and Tests> 9.2.1, 9.2.2 and Figure 6, DIN40050 and IP5K0. The dust test chamber is applicable to the IP5X and IP6X dustproof test of the products.
Lisun Instruments Limited was found by LISUN GROUP in 2003. LISUN quality system has been strictly certified by ISO9001:2015. As a CIE Membership, LISUN products are designed based on CIE, IEC and other international or national standards. All products passed CE certificate and authenticated by the third party lab.
Our main products are Goniophotometer, Integrating Sphere, Spectroradiometer, Surge Generator, ESD Simulator Guns, EMI Receiver, EMC Test Equipment, Electrical Safety Tester, Environmental Chamber, Temperature Chamber, Climate Chamber, Thermal Chamber, Salt Spray Test, Dust Test Chamber, Waterproof Test, RoHS Test (EDXRF), Glow Wire Test and Needle Flame Test.SC-015
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *