With the development of power system, lightning surge has become increasingly important on the influence of power equipment and power system. Lightning surge is a transient high voltage pulse caused by lightning electric current, which poses serious threats to the insulation performance and stability of power equipment and power system. Thus, testing and evaluating lightning surge becomes one of the important tasks to ensure the safe and reliable operation of power equipment and power system. This paper will focus on the application of surge voltage tester and surge immunity tester in the power system.
LISUN SG61000-5 is an automatic surge generator (also called lightning surge immunity test, combination wave generator, surge current generator/surge voltage generator, combined surge voltage and current generator) .
I. Hazards and Evaluation of Lightning Surge
The hazards of lightning surge on power equipment and power system mainly includes:
1. Insulation Breakdown: The high voltage pulse of lightning surge can damage the insulation performance of power equipment, causing insulation breakdown and even malfunction or damage of the equipment.
2. Triggering Faults: The shock of lightning surge on the electronic component and circuit board can cause short circuit, open circuit or component failure, resulting in equipment faults.
3. Affecting Power System Stability: Lightning surge can cause instantaneous changes of voltage and current in power system, possibly leading to system instability and affecting the reliability of power supply.
Therefore, testing and evaluating lightning surge is necessary to ensure the normal operation of power equipment and power system.
II. Principle and Structure of Surge Voltage Tester
Surge Voltage Tester is a device used to simulate lightning surge, comprising mainly the following parts:
1. Generator: The generator is the key component to generate lightning surge, which can control and adjust current and voltage by series of electronic components and circuits. The generator adopts a high voltage pulse power supply, which can produce high voltage current to simulate the true lightning.
2. Control Device: The control device is used to control and monitor the working state of the generator, including adjusting the magnitude, frequency and duration of lightning surge, while real-time monitoring the output of lightning surge to ensure it meets the requirements.
3. Surge Protective Device: The surge protective device is used to protect the impulse voltage generator from external surge interference, as well as protect the tested equipment from the damage of lightning surge. Usually, the surge protective device includes surge protector and lightning arrester, etc.
III. Principle and Structure of Surge Immunity Tester
Surge Immunity Tester is a device used to simulate different types of surge waves, mainly composed of the following parts:
1. Generator: The generator is used to generate different types of surge waves, which can produce positive and negative half cycles of surge current and voltage waves, and be adjustable as required.
2. Control Device: Similar to the control device of impulse voltage generator, the control device is used to control and monitor the working state of the generator, which can adjust the magnitude, frequency and duration of different types of surge waves.
3. Surge Protective Device: A surge protective device is also needed to protect the surge combination wave generator from external surge interference.
IV. Applications of Surge Immunity Tester and Surge Immunity Tester
Surge Immunity Tester and Surge Immunity Tester are widely used in electrical equipment and power systems, mainly including the following aspects:
1. Testing of Protection Devices: Simulating real lightning surges, testing the protection devices of electrical equipment to ensure its normal operation under the impact of lightning surges, timely cutting off the fault circuit and protecting the safety of equipment and systems.
2. Voltage Resistance Performance Test of Equipment: Lightning surge generator can simulate high voltage pulse, and generate corresponding high voltage current shock during the voltage resistance performance test of equipment, to evaluate the insulation performance and voltage resistance capacity of equipment.
3. Assessment of Lightning Surge Resistance of Equipment and System: Connecting the surge generator to the power system to generate different types of surge waves for testing, to assess the anti-interference ability of equipment and system to lightning surge, and to guide the selection of equipment and optimization of system.
4. Research and Development and Optimization: By using impulse voltage generator and surge current generator, the research and development and optimization of electric equipment and power system can be conducted, the lightning surge resistance ability of equipment can be improved, and the stability and reliability of system can be enhanced.
V. Development Trend of Surge Immunity Tester and Surge Immunity Tester
With the development of power system and the advancement of technology, Impulse Voltage Generator and Surge Current Generator are also evolving and improving. The future development trends include the following aspects:
1. Higher Test Ability: With the increase of voltage level of electrical equipment, testing equipment needs to have higher testing ability, which can simulate higher voltage level of lightning surges, and can generate more complex surge waveforms.
2. Higher Test Accuracy: For the testing of electrical equipment, the requirements for testing accuracy are getting higher and higher. The future impulse voltage generator and surge current generator need to provide higher testing accuracy to ensure the accuracy of testing results.
3. More Functions and Applications: In addition to the traditional testing and evaluation of protection devices and equipment, the future impulse voltage generator and surge current generator can also be applied to the fields of network management and intelligent monitoring of power system, providing more functions and applications.
4. Green Environmental Protection: For testing equipment, green environmental protection is also an important development direction. In the future, impulse voltage generator and surge current generator need continuous improvement and optimization, to reduce energy consumption and resource consumption, and to reduce environmental pollution.
Impulse voltage generator and surge current generator are important means to ensure the safe and reliable operation of electrical equipment and power system. Through testing and evaluation of lightning surge, potential problems can be found and solved, and the lightning surge resistance capability of equipment and system can be improved. In the future, with the development of power system and the advancement of technology, impulse voltage generator and surge current generator will continue to improve and optimize, provide higher testing capability and accuracy, and apply to more fields. Meanwhile, attention should be paid to its green environmental protection performance, in order to promote the sustainable development of power system. All of Lisun’s products are in strict accordance with ISO9001:2015 requirements for R&D and production; at the same time, they are also members of International Commission on Illumination CIE, and all products meet CIE requirements; in addition, LISUN’s products are also certified by CE and have qualification for exporting to the European Union.
Lisun Instruments Limited was found by LISUN GROUP in 2003. LISUN quality system has been strictly certified by ISO9001:2015. As a CIE Membership, LISUN products are designed based on CIE, IEC and other international or national standards. All products passed CE certificate and authenticated by the third party lab.
Our main products are Goniophotometer, Integrating Sphere, Spectroradiometer, Surge Generator, ESD Simulator Guns, EMI Receiver, EMC Test Equipment, Electrical Safety Tester, Environmental Chamber, Temperature Chamber, Climate Chamber, Thermal Chamber, Salt Spray Test, Dust Test Chamber, Waterproof Test, RoHS Test (EDXRF), Glow Wire Test and Needle Flame Test.SG61000-5
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *